Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Kickin' It With: Lo, of The River Wolf


We caught up with Los Angeles blogger Lo of The River Wolf to see what she's been up to lately. Check out her interview after the jump!


What are you up to these days?
I've been a little busy with work and school, plain old boring stuff lol. Oh and my puppies. 
They're my life. I just want to cuddle with them all day long and have no cares in the world lol

One fun fact about you and your shoes?
I'm 4"9' and whenever I wear my 6 inch shoes, I'm barely average height lol. 
It's like a dream come true for me to be average height haha

Whats a typical outfit for you?
My go-to outfit is definitely a crop top, pair of high waisted shorts, cardigan (only if it's cold)
 and a bold lip color. I love my lipsticks!

Sushi or Pizza?
That's a hard question. BUT my undying love for sushi pretty much surpasses all. 
I could have it all day, everyday.


Who are some girls you think have a dope fashion sense?
Someone who was a long time fashion inspo to me would have to be my very own cousin. 
Growing up, she was literally the coolest person I knew and still is! She was always out there, never afraid of what others think; she would just go for it.

How long have you been into shoes?
I'll be honest, I never really noticed shoes until maybe 4 years ago. It used to be all about the outfit, never the feet. But once I got a glimpse into the world of Jeffrey Campbell, I never went back. 
Shoes either make or break an outfit. They give so much character. 
 They're my absolute favorite accessory.

Which celebrity is your inspiration?
I really love Sarah Michelle Gellar. Ever since her ass-kicking days as Buffy Summers, it was set in stone. She has that real innocent pretty girl look but turn your back and she'll go slayer on you! 
I love the her in every movie she's been in. Can I just be her? Lol



Favorite shoe of all time?
You've almost stumped me again. I'm more of a "shoe of the moment" type of girl. I love ALL my shoes so it's really hard to chose just one. I'm torn between my good old fashion black UNIF Hellbounds or my UNIF Salems.

Favorite shoe on a guy?
Def Vans. I'm not a sneaker girl but I like Vans on guys. They are so classic and go with everything for a dude. Just the basic kind too, nothing too fancy. Not really into the Jordan's or Nike dunk looks. They're cool and all but my guy just looks gewd in some classic vans.

Favorite store?
I'm more of an online shopping kinda girl but if I had to choose... Maybe Urban Outfitters or Brandy Melville? I've been really into Brandy lately.

Whats the process for getting dressed for you? Shoes first? Or outfit first?
Normally I try to plan the night before... If it's a brand new shoe I got I'll def plan an outfit especially for that shoe and vice versa. I've been really into the whole gothic swamp witch thing lately--all thanks to American Horror Story: Coven. I'm on the hunt for some bell sleeve dresses!


One shoe you are dying to add to your collection?
As of right now I really want the Jeffrey Campbell Asylum! It's basically the Coltrane but on a 
3 inch platform! It's the sickest thing right now.


Platform or heel?

Platform for sure! 98% of my shoes are platforms! They are all I ever wear. My feet are just so used to them, it almost weird to wear anything else lol. Is that bad?

How did you start developing your personal style?
I've always felt that I was different from everyone else. Maybe it wasn't until high school that I started to branch out a little more. I know I didn't start the whole headband thing or feather hair clips but I sure as hell know I was wearing them before all my friends! My style changes from time to time really. 
I get inspired everyday to try and change everything up.

Would you consider yourself a "girly girl" or more on the tomboy side?
For me, I think it really depends on my mood. Some days i just feel like wearing pink, lace, and glitter and other days I just want to throw on a slouchy cut off tank and some chunky heels. I feel like a chameleon because everyday I just change it up. Pink lipstick to bright red then right on into black.

How often do you buy a pair of shoes?
I have a shoe addiction. It's died down a bit, before it was like a shoe every paycheck... Now it more like whenever it's my birthday or when it's an anniversary gift from my hubsies. I literally bought like 4 pairs of Jeffrey Campbell Litas within a 2 month time span. I was so bad, I know. I have calmed down.

Jeffrey Campbell Citation
Most valuable shoe you have?
I would probably say my Pewter Glitter JC Litas! They were the first shoe my boyfriend ever got me and it was for our anniversary. I know I don't wear them as often as I used to,
 but they hold a very special place in my heart.

Describe yourself in one word...
GROOL. I meant to say cool and then I started to say great.

19. 3 BARZZZ:
Ey yo, they call me Lo
& I'm the tiniest thing that ever did grow
Don't mess with me or you'll end up on that nasty flo' (floor) 


No comments:

Post a Comment